How to Switch to 100% Renewable Electric Power
Several Texas utilities now offer power produced from renewable sources. It generally costs more than power generated from fossil fuel burning plants, but a growing number of consumers are electing to pay a premium for environmentally friendly power.
When you choose to buy renewable energy, you are telling your electric company that you want a certain percentage of your power to come from renewable resources, in this case 100%. That percentage of renewable power is then produced and placed onto the power grid.
- Make the decision to switch.
- Acknowledge that the switching may be complicated and stressful.
- Find someone knowledgeable and trusted who can serve as a guide.
How to Switch Roadmap I – Project Management Method
- Review and understand past 12 months of electrical usage and costs.
- Review How to Switch information on the internet, such as http://powertochoose.org/en-us/Content/Resource/Selling-Renewable-Power
- Navigate ratings of various ratings of electrical plans available on internet.
- Identify parameters: Owner or renter; usage requirements; length of contract; termination fees; etc.
How to Switch Roadmap II – Jim Bob Style
- Take a deep breath.
- Hold hands with one of our CAT team members willing to help and support you.
Roadmap III – Choosing a Plan